Final Book sign out the week of June 12. ALL books due week of JUNE 19. Textbooks due JUNE 26.
Please contact Mrs. Smallwood with any questions or concerns about your students borrowed library books or textbooks.
Summer Reading Lists & Challenges
Follow the links below to discover a variety of summer reading ideas provided by the American Library Association.
Check out Common Sense Media’s summer reading challenges to encourage students to keep reading all summer long.
- Common Sense Media Reading Challenges
- Scholastic Summer Reading
- Millarville Community Library Summer Program
Did you know?
The Alberta Government provides all students access to digital research resources through the Online Reference Center. Some of the sites will be closed so you will need the the username and password that Mrs. Smallwood can provide you. CHECK IT OUT.
Fill out the Book Suggestion Form with any and all titles you think would be an interesting addition to the Millarville School Learning Commons bookshelves. (Click on “Book Suggestion Form” to respond.)
Check out EPIC for resources to support your students literacy skills.
- Kindergarten – Grade 2: 1 week
- Grade 3 – 6: 2 weeks
- Grade 7 & 8: 3 weeks
Renewal of Items:
- All items can be renewed.
Care of Items:
- Use of a bookmark is encouraged to protect from dog-earring (corner folding) and ripped pages caused by removal of post-it notes.
- Please provide younger students with a plastic ziplock bag to transport borrowed items to and from school.
- Please return all items that are damaged for assessment.